We would like to thank Melanie at Nene Valley Community Action, The staff and pupils from Higham Ferrers Junior School and the volunteers and service users of CanDo Northamptonshire, for making our work on the recent School Of Life project a very enjoyable and rewarding experience.
The School of Life is an intergenerational programme, which brings together older and younger people in joint activities. This project is a unique and fantastic opportunity which celebrates the skills, knowledge and experience of all generations by engaging them with a wide range of activities together.
The aims of the project are to;
- Combat barriers between different ages
- Challenge stereotypes about young and older people
- Create fabulous opportunities for exchanging skills
- Build strong partnership working and friendships
- Encourage social inclusion and reduce isolation
- Support groups to set up their own intergenerational projects.
To find out more about the organisations involved with Pink Rooster on this project please click on the following links to their relevant websites:
Nene Valley Community Action
Higham Ferrers Junior School